Robert’s personal commitment to a cleaner, more sustainable environment is reflected in the investment he has made in his manufacturing processes. Significant time, money and energy has gone into the development of a facility that actually generates more renewable energy from its PV system than it consumes, making it the only carbon negative, sustainable, eco-friendly joinery in NSW.
• 30kW photovoltaic solar panel system produces 100% of the joinery’s energy requirements.
• More than 25% of the renewable energy produced by the joinery’s PV system is exported back to the grid as a manufacturing carbon offset – contributing to Australia’s overall renewable energy target.
• All ‘Grid Battery’ power is sourced from renewable energy systems.
• The joinery’s PV system generates 50,000 kWh of power p.a. to help reduce Australia’s CO2 emissions by over 50 tonnes p.a.
• Sawdust waste is used as horticultural compost.
• Timber off-cuts are used as fuel for heating.
In line with Robert’s ‘green’ vision, this facility also manufactures a unique range of bespoke windows & doors, made almost exclusively from recycled Australian hardwood.
This raw material combined with the joinery’s renewable energy source produces a range of building products that are functional, aesthetic, and most importantly have a low embodied energy.
For more information visit: ahjoinery.com.au